Custom Search

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Trisha Krishnan upset with her name being linked in drug abuse scandal

Khatta Meetha’ may not have given a push to the Bollywood career of South Indian actress Trisha Krishnan, but the actress has other reasons to worry these days. She is upset and raged with her name being dragged in a drug scandal and thinks it’s an attempt to tarnish her image. Stirs were created when a Telugu channel allegedly aired a report which linked Trisha with Sidney Sladen, a designer of African origin, who is reportedly being cited as a Nigerian drug peddler.
A fuming Trisha quotes, ‘It’s very strange. I was shooting in Kodaikanal when this Telugu news channel put this news out. And they put a still of me and this very dear friend of mine who’s Afro-American. They assumed that this fashion-designer friend of mine was some drug peddler from Nigera.”
“I was angry. This is not just a harmless rumour. The first thing I did was to get my lawyer to issue statements to all the TV channels. I’ve taken legal action against the channel which put this out. There is not an element of truth in it. It’s strange where this story came from. I haven’t been to Hyderabad for a year now. I was told this peddler knows my number. But come on, everyone knows my number,” adds the actress.
However, taking the issue in a practical note, she said, “The only problem is you can’t pinpoint such a thing to any one source. But yes, it seems to have been done to tarnish my image. Luckily I’ve got a lot of support in Hyderabad even from the authorities.”